Once your blog up and running with a quality posts, it's time to monetize your blog. A blog can be considered as an ultimate money making machine, it earns even when you are sleeping. There are plenty of ways to monetize your Blogger blog. All the following methods can use together to monetize your blog. Use multiple streams of income generating methods, don’t be limited to one method.
· Google AdSense program.
· WidgetBucks is also is a free ad service like Google AdSense.
· Text link ads
· Affiliate programs
You also can monetize your blog by directly approaching to advertisers.
1. Google AdSense: The most popular search engine - Google has introduced a contextual advertising service called AdSense. (About AdSense ) Which allows virtually any website or blog owner to make money. AdSense is a program in which you get paid for targeting your readers to another websites product or service. Someone clicks on one of these ads they go to the advertiser's site. The advertiser is then charged for the click by Google and Google shares the money with you. Many People are making thousands a month with this. Learn How to make money with AdSense?
2. WidgetBucks: WidgetBucks launched in October 2007, is a vertical shopping ad network that helps publishers and bloggers optimize their earnings easily. WidgetBucks is one of the Internet's fastest growing ad networks. It is also free service like Google AdSense and compatible with all other ad systems. See how you can maximize your income with WidgetBucks?
3. Text link ads: Text Link Ads is the premier targeted traffic and link popularity ad firm. Generate targeted traffic to your website -Improve your natural search engine rankings Only advertisements from Text Link Ads can do both. Many Text Link Ads publishers earn thousands of dollars per month. Once your blog is approved, your blog will be added to their marketplace within 48 hours, at which time it will be ready for purchase. By simply installing the Text Link Ads script on your site one time, you are set up to earn a consistent revenue stream and truly monetize your blog. Text Link Ads are priced on a flat rate for a 30 day period, so your earnings will not be dependent on clicks or impressions like most of the other advertizing programs. Payments are sent out immediately on the first day of each month with no fees. You can use Text Link Ads to monetize your blog with other advertizing programs.
4. Chitika: Chitika is a full-service on-line advertising network serving over 2 billion monthly impressions across more than 30,000 websites. Chitika is 100% Compatible with Google AdSense. Chitika is an easy-to-use platform for earning daily ad revenue. Make sure your SEO'd site is cashing in on that search engine traffic with Chitika Premium, the world's premiere search targeted advertising solution. Use Chitika to increase your revenue with other advertizing programs. Chitika recently released an eBook to help bloggers. The eBook is “Deep Secrets of Successful Blogging learn from 30 experts”. You can get this for free clicking the following link.
Get free eBook Now!
5. Donations: another effective way to monetize your blog is paypal donation. When we are talking about monetizing a blog, methods like Google AdSense and WidgetBucks comes to mind. However, these free ad services are not the only ways to generate revenue. So even if your content is free like mine, give your visitors a means to voluntarily contribute if they wish.
PayPal is the leader in sending money and buying products online. This free service utilizes by people around the globe to purchase items from places like eBay and Amazon. But one of the great features that PayPal provides bloggers is the ability to create a donation button. This process is easier than ever.
6. Affiliate programs; another profitable way to earn money is to sell affiliate products. You simply direct traffic to their Web site and earn commissions when people buy products. They'll give you a link to track your sales. Amazon.com is great place to get HTML codes for various products to promote and earn good commission. Thousands of people are making a full time income just by only driving traffic from their site to merchant sites, never touching or shipping a product.
There are many more ways to monetize your blog, but above enlisted methods can generate substantial amount of money for beginners and let us leave rest for expert guys. But remember you can't do it overnight, patience and dedication you can make, good content pay back for itself and then some.
Visit a blog that has added the Following widget and click on the "Follow" button under the "Followers" widget:
You'll then see a popup window with the options to either follow publicly or privately:
Select how you'd like to follow the blog, and then click the "Follow this blog" button. It is that simple, you are now a follower of the blog! If you elected to follow the blog publicly, your profile picture will be displayed on the blog with a link to your Blogger profile (Note: The widget may not show all followers of the blog. If this is the case all followers will be linked from the widget).
When you become a follower of a blog, the blog will also be added to your Reading List on your Blogger dashboard and this site will also show on your Friend Connect profile for all the sites you've joined using Friend Connect. Additionally, you can become a follower of any blog or URL (even if the blog doesn't have the Followers widget) by adding the blog to your Reading List on the dashboard.
How to remove yourself from following a blog
The easiest way to remove yourself from following a blog is to visit the blog, and click "Settings" under the Following widget on the blog.
You will then see a pop-up window with your profile settings. Click the "Stop following this site" link and you will be removed from following that blog. If the blog doesn't have a Followers widget, you can still stop following the blog. To do so, go to the "Blogs I'm Following" tab under your Reading List on your dashboard
Then click the blue "Manage" button. You will then see a list of all the blogs that you are following. To stop following a blog, click the "stop following" link next to the blog you want to stop following.
Lastly, following a blog will create a subscription to the blog in your Google Reader account.
1. Click the Layout link from your dashboard below the blog you would like to customize.
2. From the Page Elements sub-tab, click Edit to edit existing gadgets, or Add a Gadget to add new ones.
3. After you've clicked Add a Gadget, simply click the plus sign next to your desired gadget. You can choose from gadgets by category, or search for a specific gadget in the top right of the pop-up window.
4. You have the freedom to drag the page elements and drop them to arrange in a proper way. The mouse pointer changes when you point on the page elements then click on them and arrange as you like.
5. Once you've added the necessary information to your selected gadget, click SAVE button. Your layout changes will appear instantly.
6. When you are on your page elements tab, you can configure any of the page elements by clicking the “Edit” link on each elements. You can add and remove gadgets from your blogger layout when ever you want. Also Blogger gives you the freedom to format, configure and move around you page elements when ever you want.
Compared to a web site and other blogging platforms, Blogger has a lot of resources to add as gadgets to your blog. After adding a gadget you can customize them or if you want to remove them form you blog later you can do that. To remove a gadget simply click the Edit button of the relevant gadget, then click the Remove button from the pop up window. So, how easy to customize your blog layout?
Once you've click on blue color SIGN IN button, you taken to your blogger dashboard. The dashboard will show you all your blogger blogs you currently have. From your dashboard you can enter to all the works you want to do, to any of your blogs you manage at blogger, post a new blog post, edit posts, change settings, adjust your layout and monetize. When you are going to add a new post to your blog, simply click on the blue color NEW POST button.
Next, you'll be displayed the post editor window (Writing and publishing a new post I). Start writing your post by giving the post a title (optional), and then enter the post itself:
What are backlinks?
· Backlinks display other webpages that link to your posts.
· To enable backlinks on your blog go to your SettingsComments tab and select Show
Backlinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your posts. What it all works out to is a way of expanding the comment feature such that related discussions on other sites can be included along with the regular comments on a post. The backlinks setting can be found under the Settings Comments tab, and consists of a single, simple option to turn it on or off:
Once everything is set up, you'll see a new link marked "Links to this post" next to the comment link for each post:
If you click that link you'll be taken to the post page, where the backlinks are all listed beneath the comments. Clicking the triangles next to each link will display a snippet of text from the page linking to you, as well as some author and date information.
If you want to turn off backlinks for individual posts, you can do so. The process is the same as that for turning off comments. Just edit the post in question and change the options that appear below the posting form:
Login to blogger to at Blogger home page to do all the work you want to your blog. Add new posts to your blog regularly. Blogger likes if you post frequently.
Create a free account with photobucket
Go to the photobucket.com and click on the green color Join Now button.
In the next step, give a user name and a password and then click Next step button.
After creating your photobucket account you’ll be able to upload your images and videos you want to. Login to your photobucket account and click on the Choose files button. Select the files you want to upload to your photobuket account then click open.
How to add images to your blog?
Point the mouse to the image you want to add. Form the pop-up box click on the HTML Code box. Copy the link and past it in the exact place in your blog post editor window. Before you past the link make sure to select the Edit HTML tab on Blogger post editor window.
Add images and videos to your site form photobucket for free. Make your site more informative adding images and videos. Photobucket gives you more flexible features.
Adding an image to your blog post
Many bloggers do not use images; sometimes they don’t know the importance of using images with their blog post. Images enhance your blog posts in several ways:
· Images make your blog post look better.
· Images make your blog post look more professional improving the look of it.
· Images make your blog differentiate your blog from the rest.
· Images make your blog articles memorable to your visitors.
You can add images to your blog posts from your computer or from the Web. Click the image icon in the post editor toolbar.
Browse for an image file on your computer, or enter the URL of an image on the Web.
Once you've selected your image, you can then choose a layout to determine how your image will appear in your post:
The 'Left', 'Center', and 'Right' options allow you to customize the way your blog text will flow around your image.
The 'Image size' options will determine how large the image will appear within your post.
You can also publish images to your blog using your mobile device, Google's free photo software Picasa, or a third-party service like flickr. Learn more
Adding a video to your blog post
To add a video to your blog post, click the film strip icon in the post editor toolbar.
Click Browse to select the video file from your computer that you'd like to upload. Note that Blogger accepts AVI, MPEG, QuickTime, Real and Windows Media files and that your video must be less than 100MB in size.
Before uploading your video, add a title in the 'Video Title' box and agree to the Terms and Conditions (you'll only have to do this the first time that you upload a video with Blogger). Then click UPLOAD VIDEO.
While your video uploads, you'll see a placeholder in the post editor showing where your video will appear. You'll also see a status message below the post editor letting you know that your upload is in progress. Depending on the size of your video, this usually takes about five minutes. When it is complete, your video will appear in the post editor. How do I add a video to my blog?
If you haven’t modified “Edit Html” section manually or you can’t think any possible reason for this error message, simply click on the check box “Stop showing HTML errors for the body of this post”. Then you can save and publish the post.
When you create a new post, Blogger will start automatically saving it for you once a minute without interrupting your typing. When it does , you'll see a little note next to the "Save" button, like this:
If you want to make sure the saved copy is completely up to date, you can click the "Save" button yourself. You'll remain on the post editor and can continue typing, since the saving happens in the background. If you're done working on the post for now, you can either click orange color "Publish Post" button to convert the draft into a post, or click "Return to list of posts" if you want to leave it as a draft and go back to the Edit Posts page.
Autosave does not occur when you are editing posts that have previously been published to your blog. This keeps your readers from seeing your edits until you're done with them. When editing a published post, you can click "Publish Post" to republish the changes to your blog, or click "Save as Draft" to unpublish the post and turn it into a draft.
Labels are handy if you blog about a lot of different subjects, since readers can then choose to view all of your posts on, say, dancing at once. Or politics, or knitting, or whatever you happen to be writing about. If you have a team blog, you could also give each member their own label, so you could easily read all the posts by any one of them. Feel free to come up with other creative new uses as well!
When you're writing a post, you'll have a space at the bottom of the post editor marked "Labels for this post." Enter whatever labels you like, separating them with commas. You can also click the "show all" link to display a list of labels you've used previously. Then just click on the labels to add them.
When you publish your post, the labels will be listed with it. Clicking any of the labels will take you to a page containing only posts with that label.
You can easily change the formatting used here by editing your blog's layout. You can also add a list of all your labels in the sidebar of your blog, sorted alphabetically or by frequency of use.
This is convenient way to readers; they can easily select the category which they find about by clicking the desired label. When you write and publish several blog posts, you’ll familiar with these options.
After setting up your blog, you are taken to the Create New Post page. Start by giving your post a title (optional), and then enter the post itself:
Compose: a wysiwyg mode where you manipulate text with formatting buttons
Edit HTML: a raw mode where you edit the html manually
Preview: renders a full-body preview of the post, including its Title, links and images
To switch among these modes, simply click on the appropriate link:
If you'd rather not use the wysiwyg editor, you can disable it in the Settings Basic tab in Blogger. The formatting buttons are only available in certain browsers. Keyboard shortcuts are also available; they can greatly speed up the posting process and we encourage you to use them.
Ordered (numbered) list
Unordered (bullet) list
Upload imageRemove formatting from selection
Blogger developing an advanced, standards-compliant web-based rich text editor give you a convenient way to writing, publishing and edit your blog post.
When you're done, click the Preview link to make sure it's ready to go:
You’ll be displayed the message Your blog post published successfully!, now click “view blog” link to see your blog.
In our next post “writing and publishing a new blog post II” you’ll find further more explanation to write you a blog post.
To start to create your blog with Blogger, simply sign in with your Google Account. (If you use Gmail, Google Groups, or orkut, you already have an account.) You do not require you to have a Gmail address to log in to Blogger or to create a Google Account. If you don't have or want a Gmail account, you can still create a Google Account. A Google Account is made up of any email address and password of your choosing. If you don't have a Google Account yet, you can create one now.
A Gmail account comes with a built-in Google Account. If you already have a Gmail account, you can use your Gmail address and password to sign in to any other Google services you use. You can also merge your Blogger account with this existing Google Account, rather than creating a new one, and then use the same login information at Blogger.com.
Google Account functions as a single Google login, made up of an email address and password of your choosing. It gives you access to various Google services, including AdWords, Google Groups, Google Alerts, Froogle Shopping List, Personalized Search, your Personalized Homepage, and Google Answers. If you've used any of these services before, you already have a Google Account. Google Accounts are better protected against fraud, impersonation, and abuse.1. To get started with Blogger, visit the Blogger homepage, the following page will be displayed.
3. If you already have any Google account, enter your username and password, and click Sign in. In the “Display name” box, you have to give name; you don’t have to confuse trying to come up with some nice title. “Peter’s Blog” or “Ann’s Blog is enough. In the next step you’ll be asked to create your “Blog title” and a URL. This will be http://yourchoice.blogspot.com/. You might have to enter few possibilities before you come up with an URL that hasn’t been taken. That’s because you are not the first person to start blogging. Also you can create use your custom domain name, we’ll be explaining about creating a custom domain later in more detail.
4. Final stage is to select a template. Blogger offers twelve templates to start with. They are all good professional design though you don’t like them, and you change it later. There’s a good selection at http://www.geckoandfly.com/blogspot-templates/
1.) It's Free!
2.) Its quick and easy to setup
3.) Is owned by Google, the world’s most popular company on the Internet.
If you are a total new beginner, Blogger is suitable and the best blogging platform for you. However, no matter how popular your blog is, it is still owned by Google. Your blog can be removed if Google does not agree with the content you are putting up.
· Your blog. Share your thoughts, photos, and more with your friends and the world.
· Easy to use. It’s easy to post text, photos, and videos from the web or your mobile phone.
· Flexible. Unlimited flexibility to personalize your blog with themes, gadgets, and more.
Blogger's user-friendly editing tools help you easily design a great-looking page.
Templates — Blogger gives you collection of templates, will get you started with an attractive site right away without you having to learn any HTML, though Blogger also allows you to edit your blog's HTML code whenever you want.
Custom colors and fonts — when you're ready to take the next step, you can further customize your templates to create a design that perfectly reflects you and your blog.
Drag-and-drop page elements — Blogger's simple drag-and-drop system lets you easily decide exactly where your posts, profiles, archives and other parts of your blog should live on the page.
The fastest way to understand blogging is to try it out. They've worked really hard to make it really easy for you. And you can be part of the phenomenon that's transforming web and media to a participatory activity in less than five minutes, seriously.
What will happen then? Who knows? It might be fun, though.
· Lycos Tripod
· Gawker Media platform
· Expression Engine
When choosing your blogging platform, you’ll need to determine whether you would prefer a hosted or non-hosted blog platform. A hosted platform is one that is hosted on the platform’s server. In other words, if you have a Blogger blog, your blog is hosted on the Blogger server for free. A non-hosted site is a blog that is hosted usually a third-party you have to pay for the hosting. For example, if you use WordPress.org as your blogging platform, they do not host your blog for you. You will have another company host it.This article will explain the basic differences of these most common blogging platforms.
Sometimes you just want to share a photo. There's a button for uploading photos in the Blogger interface. Just click the photo button to upload a photo from your computer. If the photo you'd like to put on your blog is already on the web that's fine too. Just tell us where it is.
You can also send camera phone photos straight to your blog while you're on-the-go with Blogger Mobile.
Blogger Mobile lets you send photos and text straight to your blog while you're on-the-go. All you need to do is send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org from your phone. You don't even need a Blogger account. The message itself is enough to create a brand new blog and post whatever photo and text you've sent.
Later, if your want to claim your mobile blog or switch your posts to another blog, just sign in to go.blogger.com and use the claim code Blogger sent to your phone
We support most popular mobile carriers in the US and worldwide. If Blogger Mobile is unavailable from your provider, you can still send posts to your blog using Mail-to-Blogger.
You get no way to preview an entry before publishing as blogger gives you, which can be frustrating when you want to decide whether a page is ready for posting or needs more editing. WordPress offers 50MB of image storage, substantially less than Blogger allows.
Want a simple new way to install Movable Type? Try Virtual Movable Type by JumpBox. It’s a virtual application that makes it easy to get your Movable Type website or blog up and running fast.
· As your site grows and becomes more successful, the platform scales to accommodate your fluctuating traffic needs.
· Movable Type is supported. We offer optional support for bloggers, online support for businesses, and premium support for enterprise and high-traffic bloggers.
You could get detailed information about common blogging platforms from this article. Next we will discus what is the best blogging platform for you.
This whole process makes it fairly easy for people to create new blogger blog pages. This is especially created for first time users, as they can start blogging right away. There is a wealth of tools and information on blogging online. It is a very quick and easy process, as it doesn’t require much planning and designing. Compared to a lot of work that is needed to redesign a HTML website.
Another positive thing about creating a blog is interactivity. Blogs are made to be interactive. Your blog visitors can easily contact you and comment on your blog articles, and you can just as easily comment back. And with the size of the Internet, whatever your blog topic is, whatever you like to write your blog about, there will always be an audience wanting to visit and listen to what you have to say.
Here are some more benefits of blogging you could gain;
Monetizing your blog is the best part of blogging. Some people start blogging targeting only making money, having a blog is a great way to make money online. One of the best money making strategy is have a Google AdSense account (which is free), a blog (which is free), and some articles (which are free if you write them yourself). Start showing ads on your blog. There's no cost, no obligation, and getting started is quick and easy.
Get your blog up and running without spending any money means that you have nothing to lose by starting a blog. The AdSense ads will be targeted to your content. Each time visitor clicks on ads, you get paid. When the money reaches $100 Google will either send you a check or transfer the money into your bank. Many bloggers don’t care about monetizing their blog but I know most bloggers earn excessive revenue from their blog. Precisely you also can earn money from your blog for free. The Google AdSense is only one option to make money with your blog, there are many ways to make money with your blogger blog. How nice is that?
People come to my blog all the time. Some say nice things about the blog and its value to them. If I have made a mistake, they note me and also give some advises.
You can make some pen-pals, and some of them will spread your message. And you can’t forget the connections you’ll end up making through this most social of environments.
Build CommunityBlogs provide your small business with a chance to share your expertise and knowledge with a larger audience. An opportunity to connect with a wider audience and build a community is a strong benefit for consultants and knowledge workers.
More benefits of blogging
• Blogs represent a democratization of information dissemination, providing each individual with the opportunity to publicly present his or her thoughts and opinions.
• Blogs allow others to respond, providing feedback to the authors.
Personal blogsThe personal blog, an ongoing diary or commentary by an individual, is the traditional, most common blog type. Personal bloggers usually take pride in their blog posts, even if their blog is never read by anyone but them. Blogs often become more than a way to just communicate; they become a way to reflect on life or works of art. A type of personal blog is referred to as "microblogging," which is extremely detailed blogging as it seeks to capture a moment in time. Sites, such as Twitter, allow bloggers to share thoughts and feelings instantaneously with friends and family and is much faster than e-mailing or writing. This form of social media lends to an online generation already too busy to keep in touch.
A blog can be private, as in most cases, or it can be for business purposes. Blogs, either used internally to enhance the communication and culture in a corporation or externally for marketing, branding or public relations purposes are called corporate blogs.
Is a type of blog that answers questions? Questions can be submitted in the form of a submittal form, or through email or other means such as telephone or VOIP. Question blogs (Qlogs) can be used to display shownotes from podcasts or the means of conveying information through the internet. Many question logs use syndication such as RSS as a means of conveying answers to questions.
A blog type with more than one regular contributing writer. Also known as a collaborative blog. Like the name says, it’s a blog that’s controlled by several people. Basically, a few people get together and share the workload. One of the main benefits is that each person will be able to bring there strengths into the mix. Everyone can share their ideas for monetizing the site and increasing the revenue. Also, everyone can share there knowledge of Search Engine Optimization (SEO), and other promotion strategies.
CeleblogA blog written about celebrity or written by a celebrity. Usually focuses on news, gossip and often contains embarrassing or revealing paparazzi photos.
These are mobile video blogs. These are similar to a Moblog, but the feature videos.
Media BlogThey can be video blog, music (mp3) blog, or photo blog. Their blog posts are shorter as their main focus is to share multimedia contents.
SplogA spam blog.
A blog that focuses on new technology information.
LinguablogAbout linguistics, translation etc.
MetablogThis is a blog type about blogging.
MilblogA military blog.
Project BlogA blog dedicated to a specific project. This can range from a hobby project to a larger corporate project.
BlawgBlogged by lawyer/related to legal stuff.
Edu-blogEducation oriented blog.
PhotocastA photoblog that automatically updates when new photos are added.
A blog that allows up to 140 character long posts. Twitter is the most popular and allows text messaging for blog postings via cell phone.
Those are the most commonly used types of blogs on the Internet today. There are some more blog types there.